Dr. Leila Gautham
- Position: Lecturer in Economics
- Areas of expertise: Labour economics; Development; Gender
- Email: L.Gautham@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: GM.20 Maurice Keyworth
- Website: Personal website | Googlescholar | ORCID
I joined the Economics Department at the University of Leeds as a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in March 2022. I received my PhD in Economics in 2021 from the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
I'm interested in how economic development and urbanization mediate gender inequality in labor markets, and what time use data can tell us about the costs of care provision. I have an active research agenda looking at paid care employment (in sectors such as health and education) as a driver of gender wage inequality in the U.S.
- PhD in Economics, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- MA in Economics, Jawaharlal Nehru University
- BA in Economics, St. Stephen's College, University of Delhi