Dr Sumayyah Qudah
- Position: Lecturer in Management
- Areas of expertise: Strategic human resource management; Leadership and Management; Employee health and wellbeing; Quality of working life
- Email: S.Qudah@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: G.14 Charles Thackrah Building
- Website: LinkedIn | Researchgate
Sumayyah Qudah joined LUBS as a Teaching Fellow in January 2021, and has over 5 years of teaching in national and international FE and HE insitustions, she has previously taught at Luminus Technical University College, Leeds Beckett University and the University of Huddersfield. Sumayyah has taught various management topics such as Marketing, Research Methodology, and HRM modules. She is passionate about enhancing and developing students’ experience in learning and enabling them to develop in their subject area. Sumayyah’s PhD focuses on examining the mediation effect of quality of working life on intent to stay in the higher education sector. She completed her MSc in Strategic Human Resource Management and CIPD Level 7 qualification with an Associate membership.
2022 June – Present: Lecturer in Management
2021 January – 2022 June: Teaching Fellow in Management
2018 September – 2019 May: Part-time lecturer teaching BMO0206 Investigating a business issue from a HR perspective (CIPD core module) at the University of Huddersfield
2017 January – 2017 May: Part-time lecturer teaching HRM modules at Leeds Beckett University
2015 March – 2015 September: Lecturer in Business at Luminus Technical University College (Jordan)
- Qudah, S., Davies, J. and Deakin, R., 2019. Can we get more satisfaction? Improving quality of working life survey results in UK universities. Perspectives: Policy and Practice in Higher Education, 23(2-3), pp.39-47.
- PG and UG Dissertation Supervisor
- PG Tutor
- PgCert Research Methods, University of Huddersfield
- MSc Strategic Human Resource Management (Distinction), University of Huddersfield
- BA Business and Human Resource Management, Leeds Beckett University
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
I am currently a module leader for LUBS2020 ‘From Study to Work’, also teaching on LUBS5988, and LUBS2910. I supervise UG and PG dissertations, and a personal academic tutor to MSc in Management students. I am passionate about enhancing and developing students’ learning experience and enabling them to develop in their subject areas.