Dr. Cyntia Vilasboas Calixto Casnici earned her PhD in Business Strategy from FGV – EAESP (Brazil). During her studies, she spent one year as an exchange student at Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
Cyntia has an active participation at the Academy of International Business. She was the Program Chair of AIB-LAC 2021. Currently, she is the Co-Chair of Events of Teaching & Education Shared Interest Group (AIB T&E SIG), Board Member of AIB-LAC as Country representative from the Rest of the World (non LAC countries) and part of the AIB Fundraising Task Force.
Based on her professional experience, Cyntia tries to engage multinational firms to her classes by participating in seminar presentations and/or academic challenges to provide a real-life experience to her students.
I am an advocate of active-learning and student-centre- teaching.
- Deputy Programme Director - MSc in International Business
- Module Leader Master Beyond Borders (MBB)
- Module Leader Global Business Immersion
Her research interests are related to International Business, Emerging Market Multinationals, Business Models and Tech Companies. She has substantial experience in supporting foreign companies in doing business in Brazil and advising Brazilian companies interested in exporting and expanding their operations abroad.
- PhD in Business Strategy - Fundacao Getulio Vargas (FGV-EAESP)
- Program Chair AIB-LAC 2021
- Board Member AIB-LAC 2021-2024 - Country Representative the Rest of the World
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for International Business at the University of Leeds