Leeds Anniversary Research Scholarship
I am excited to contribute to the development of new economic thinking and be part of several groups and networks with a similar aim, e.g.
- the Economics and Policy for Sustainability Research Group
- the Applied Institute of Research in Economics
- the international Post-Growth Economics Network (PEN)
- the Scientific Working Group on Sustainable Money
In order to develop, share and discuss new economic approaches I am keen to engage with diverse audiences, academic and non-academic.
Recent presentations and talks include:
- Economics without growth? Rethinking economics in times of ecological and social crises, Lunch with economists, Leeds University Business School, 7/11/2018
- Tracing inequality, instability and ecological degradation through the lens of capital, profit, rent and interest', Institute for New Economic Thinking, Geneva, 27/8/2018
- 'Post-Growth Macroeconomics - Theoretical and Methodological Reflections', Conference of the Association for Heterodox Economics, Leicester, 6/7/2018
I am fluent in German, English, French, have good knowledge of Spanish and Swahili, and basic knowledge of Arabic. Therefore, I am able to communicate in diverse contexts and engage in international cooperation and exchange.
Pathways to an equitable post-growth economy.
Macroeconomic Theory and Policy for a Social-Ecological Transformation; Post-Growth and Degrowth Economics; Money, Finance, Financialisation; Inequality and Distribution
My research aims at making a contribution to the advancement of macroeconomic theory and policy that helps understand and address key challenges of society today. In my PhD, I analyse systemic drivers of climate change and ecological crisis, inequality and instability as well as the interconnection of these phenomena. On that basis, I scrutinise and develop ideas for a social-ecological transformation of the economy and investigate into post-growth and degrowth proposals. I am particularly interested in just ways of reducing carbon emissions and resource extraction, alternative models of ownership, and monetary and financial policy.
Teaching Assistant Experience
- Teaching Assistant 'Theories of Growth, Value and Distribution' (since 2018)
- Teaching Assistant in 'Economics & Sustainability' (since 2017)
Thesis Title: Pathways to an equitable post-growth economy
Research groups and institutes
- Applied Institute for Research in Economics