- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supervisors: Professor Vera Trappmann, Professor Mark Stuart, Christopher J. Forde
After working as a music journalist for 4 years, Denis obtained his Master's degree in Sociology at the Free University of Berlin. There he worked on a project about precarity among young people. The resulting focus on the relationship between young workers and unionism in the platform economy eventually led him to write his PhD thesis on collective action in the platform economy. Alongside this he is part of the team that developed the Leeds Index of Platform Labour Protest.
Denis is interested in young people and trade unions, employment relations in the gig economy and the influence of digitalization on organized labour.
- B.A. Social Sciences, University of Osnabrück
- M.A., Sociology, Freie Universität Berlin
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Employment Relations, Innovation and Change