I am a postgraduate researcher at the University of Leeds Business School since January 2021. I have over 8years of work experience in agricultural policy analysis and outreach with proficiency in both qualitative and quantitative research. I have work experience in the design, management and implementation of small and large scale surveys.
- Research Associate (2014-2020) Indaba Agricultural Policy Research Institute Lusaka Zambia
- Technical Program Assistant (2010-2012) Alliance for Commodity Trade-In Eastern and Southern Africa (ACTESA-COMESA)
Awards and Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarship for PhD in Economics at the University of Leeds (2020-2024)
- Mastercard Foundation Scholarship for MSc in Agricultural Food and Resource Economics at Michigan State University (2012-2014)
- Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board - Zambia for Bachelors in Agricultural Economics at University of Zambia (2004-2009)
My research interest is in Development Economics, focusing on food security, poverty measurements and poverty reduction strategies for developing countries.
- Namonje-Kapembwa, T., & Samboko, P. (2020). Is aquaculture production by small-scale farmers profitable in Zambia? International Journal of Fisheries and Aquaculture, 12(1), 6-20. http://dx.doi.org/10.5897/IJFA2019.0737
- Namonje-Kapembwa, T., Black, R., & Jayne, T. S. (2017). Does Late Delivery of Subsidized Fertilizer Affect Smallholder Maize Productivity and Production? Agricultural Research & Technology, 11(2). http://doi.org/10.19080/ARTOAJ.2017.11.555810
- Thelma Namonje-Kapembwa, Stephen Kabwe and Nicholas J. Sitko 2015: Maize Yield Gap in Zambia- What Can be Done to Close it? Book Chapter in Chapoto, A and Sitko, N. (Eds). Agriculture in Zambia: Past, Present and Future. IAPRI. Lusaka. Zambia.
- Ballard A.M. Zulu, Nicholas J.Sitko and Thelma Namonje-Kapembwa 2015: 51 Years of Zambian Agriculture Book Chapter in Chapoto, A and Sitko, N. (Eds). Agriculture in Zambia: Past, Present and Future. IAPRI. Lusaka. Zambia.
- Namonje-Kapembwa, T. and Chapoto, A. (2016) Improved Agricultural Technology Adoption in Zambia: Are Women Farmers Being Left Behind ? Available at: http://www.iapri.org.zm/images/WorkingPapers/WP_106.pdf.
- Namonje-Kapembwa, T., Chiwawa, H. and Sitko, N. J. (2016) Value Chain Analysis of Goats in Zambia: Challenges and Opportunities of Linking Smallholders to Markets. 117. Lusaka Zambia. Available at: http://www.iapri.org.zm/images/WorkingPapers/wp117_final.pdf.
- M.Sc. in Agricultural, Food and Resource Economics,( 2014) Michigan State University
- BSc Agricultural Economics, (2009) University of Zambia
- HSC, (2002) David Kaunda Technical High School