Bijoy Chandra Das
Bijoy Chandra Das is a Postgraduate Researcher in Accounting and Finance Division at Leeds University Business School who joined the school in October 2020.
Research Groups and Institutes
Centre for Advanced Studies in Finance (CASIF)
1. PhD in Finance, Accounting and Finance Division, University of Leeds, UK (Continue).
2. MSc in Finance from The University of Tampa, FL, USA with CGPA 3.93 (2018).
3. MBA in Banking from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh with CGPA 3.85 (2010).
Awards and Scholarships
1. Divisional Scholarship for PhD in Finance from the Accounting and Finance Division, University of Leeds, UK.
2. University Scholarship for MSc in Finance from The University of Tampa, Florida, USA.
3. Distinction of Graduation Honor on the result of MSc from The University of Tampa, USA.
4. Dean’s Academic Award on MBA result of the Faculty of Business Studies, University of Dhaka.
Certificate of completion on Bloomberg Market Concept with 83% marks from Bloomberg for education (October 2018).
1. Current position: Teaching Assistant (January 2022 - continuing), Department of Accounting & Finance, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK.
2. Current position: Part-Time Lecturer (October 2021 - continuing), Department of Accounting & Finance, Leeds Beckett University, City Campus, Leeds, UK.
3. Previous position (Study Leave): Assistant Professor (September 2016 – continuing), Department of Finance & Banking, Faculty of Business Administration, Jatiya Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam University, Bangladesh.
4. Previous position: Graduate Assistant (September 2017 – December 2018), Department of Accounting, University of Tampa, FL 33606, USA.
5. Previous position: Lecturer (September 2014 – September 2016), Department of Finance & Banking, Faculty of Business Administration, Jatiya Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam University, Bangladesh.
Corporate Finance and Financial Management
1. Bijoy C. Das, Soma R. Sutradhar, Fakhrul Hasan & Sujana Shafique (2023), Impact of Russia-Ukraine war on Stock returns in European stock markets, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management (ABS 2*). pp.1-13.
2. Hasan F., Shafique S., Bijoy C. Das & Shome R. (2022), R&D intensity and firms dividend policy: evidence from BRICS countries, Journal of Applied Accounting Research (ABS 2*), Vol. 23 No. 4, pp. 846-862. https://doi.org/10.1108/JAAR-02-2022-0027.
Conference Papers (accepted and presented)
1. Bijoy C. Das, Moshfique Uddin & Shima Amini, Political Connections and insider trading during the trade war,
a. International Symposium in Finance, Crete, Greece organized by the British Academy of Management (BAM).
b. BAM (British Academy of Management) 2022 conference hosted by The University of Manchester.
c. Joint Doctoral Seminar Series hosted by Leeds University Business School, the Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Antwerp, and the School of Management at Xiamen University.
d. LUBS Doctoral Conference organized by Leeds University Business School.
2. Bijoy C. Das, Moshfique Uddin & Shima Amini, Opportunistic insider trading during the trade war,
a. BAM (British Academy of Management) 2023 conference hosted by the University of Sussex.
3. Bijoy C. Das, Moshfique Uddin & Shima Amini, Social Connections in Opportunistic Insider Trading,
a. LUBS Doctoral Conference organized by Leeds University Business School.