An Agenda for Sustainable International Business
- Date: Monday 20 November 2023, 10:00 – 12:30
- Location: Online
- Type: Seminars and lectures, Online, Ideas in Practice
- Cost: Free
Join this online event exploring sustainability in the International Business curriculum.
Progress toward achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) remains insufficient. Exporters, importers, multinationals and global value chain participants need to become more sustainable in practice. Green Policy and ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) standards, for example, are creating local and global demands for sustainable products, but the lack of skills and competencies to source and apply sustainable technological solutions and test sustainable business models remain a key challenge facing many businesses. International Business (IB) scholars can provide valuable insights to decision-makers through education and research. Some of these insights are, however, getting lost in translation or are locked behind publisher paywalls.
This half-day, online event will discuss ways to incorporate sustainability into the IB curriculum and the implication of educational innovation on engaged IB research. It is expected to lead to concrete collaborations among scholars, institutions and non-academic stakeholders working in sustainability.
- Elizabeth Yi Wang, Associate Professor of International Business, University of Leeds (UK), Founder of Mainstreaming Impact in International Business (MIIB)
- Noemi Sinkovics, Reader in International Business, University of Glasgow (UK), Academy of International Business (AIB) UK & Ireland Chapter Secretary
- Rob van Tulder, co-author of the book Principles of Sustainable Business, Professor of International Business-Society Management at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (the Netherlands)
Please note that this event is taking place online only, with funding provided by Leeds University Business School and the Academy of International Business UK & Ireland Chapter.
The webinar will feature talks given by experts in the Principles of Sustainable Business and will close with a panel discussion and Q&A, where you are actively encouraged to interact with our speakers. Full programme details to be announced.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Grace Carter at Leeds University Business School.