Dr Dionysius Ang
Dionysius Ang is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Marketing at Leeds University Business School. Prior to joining Leeds University Business School, Dr. Ang was a Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher at KU Leuven and INSEAD where received her PhD in Business Economics (Marketing) and MSc in Management respectively. In addition to a Research Masters in Social Psychology from Tilburg University, she was also a visiting scholar at the University of Pittsburgh.
Dr. Ang’s research focuses on consumer behaviour, particularly as it relates to affect and decision-making. It revolves around three broad themes (1) how specific emotions such as regret affect consumer evaluations and behaviours (2) how return & cancellation policies and payment methods (e.g. buy-now-pay-later) facilitate purchases (3) how information presentation influence goal pursuit. Her research has appeared in top-tiered journals such as Journal of Applied Psychology, as well as numerous conferences such as Association of Consumer Research, Society for Judgement and Decision-Making. As part of her research, Dr Ang has worked with members of the clothing industry, to help design win-win solutions to promote customer satisfaction and sales.
- Academic Integrity Representative
- Digital Marketing
- Goals and Motivation
- Ph.D., Business Economics (Marketing), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- MSci. Management (Marketing), INSEAD
- Research Masters, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Tilburg University
- Bachelor of Social Sciences Majoring in Psychology & OBHR, Singapore Management University
- American Marketing Association
- Association for Consumer Research
- Society for Consumer Psychology
- European Marketing Academy
- Society for Judgment and Decision Making
Module leader for LUBS5449M Digital & Interactive Marketing