Dr Dionysius Ang
Dionysius Ang is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Marketing at Leeds University Business School. Prior to joining Leeds University Business School, Dr. Ang was a Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher at KU Leuven and INSEAD where received her PhD in Business Economics (Marketing) and MSc in Management respectively. In addition to a Research Masters in Social Psychology from Tilburg University, she was also a visiting scholar at the University of Pittsburgh.
Dr. Angs research focuses on consumer behaviour, particularly as it relates to affect and decision-making. It revolves around three broad themes (1) how specific emotions such as regret affect consumer evaluations and behaviours (2) how technological innovations (e.g. mobile vs. desktop interface, virtual fitting rooms, screening tools) facilitate purchases (3) how information presentation influence goal pursuit. Her research has appeared in top-tiered journals such as Journal of Applied Psychology, as well as numerous conferences such as Association of Consumer Research, Society for Judgement and Decision-Making. As part of her research, Dr Ang has worked with members of the clothing industry, to help design win-win solutions to promote customer satisfaction and sales.
- Digital Marketing
- Goals and Motivation
- Ph.D., Business Economics (Marketing), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- MSci. Management (Marketing), INSEAD
- Research Masters, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Tilburg University
- Bachelor of Social Sciences Majoring in Psychology & OBHR, Singapore Management University
- American Marketing Association
- Association for Consumer Research
- Society for Consumer Psychology
- European Marketing Academy
- Society for Judgment and Decision Making
Module leader for LUBS5449M Digital & Interactive Marketing