- Position: Associate Professor
- Areas of expertise: Internationalisation at Home; Internationalisation in Higher Education; Pedagogic Practice; Human Resource Management; Graduate Employability
- Email: L.Hill@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1702
- Location: Room G12 Charles Thackrah Building
I have worked with a diverse body of students at foundation year degree to doctoral level in a variety of higher education institutions in roles such as Programme Director, External Examiner and Academic Reviewer for Programme Validations. I am passionate about enhancing the student experience and actively support the development of acdemics’ pedagogic practice at local, national and international level. I am undertaking an EdD in Higher Education which focuses on the Development of Business School Academics' Pedagogic Practice in Internationalisation at Home Activities.
- Co-Programme Director for the Learning to Teach Programme
- Professional Development Tutor
- Personal Tutor
- Hill, L. (2019) Mentimeter: A Tool for Actively Engaging Large Lecture Cohorts. Academy of Management Learning & Education, (in press).
- Hill, L. (2019) Blackboard Collaborate Ultra: An Online, Interactive Teaching Tool. Academy of Management Learning & Education, (in press).
- Hill, L. (2016) Supporting Widening Participation Students through Student as Producer Research on Quality Enhancement. Practice and Evidence of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education: Special Issue, 11 (1), 89-99.
- Hill, L. & Robinson, J. (2018) Generating Interdisciplinary Sustainability Projects in Commonwealth Countries Through Internationalisation at Home Teaching Practices. PRME Regional Chater UK and Ireland 6th Annual Conference. Leeds. 8-10 July.
- Hill, L. & Dickinson, J. (2018) Capturing a Unicorn: Supporting Students to Succeed in the Competitive Placement Applications Process. Chartered ABS Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Annual Conference. Glasgow. 24-25 April.
- Hill, L. & Smith, N. (2018) ‘Yes, I am interested in you!’ – Enhancing Chinese Students’ Experience through Personal Tutorials. Chartered ABS Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Annual Conference.
- Hill, L. (2017) DICTATE: Developing Intercultural Competences Through Aviation (Drone) Technology Experiments. Chartered ABS Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Annual Conference.
- Hill, L. (2017) UBELing Doctoral Students’ Teacher Training: Using Blended Learning to Drive Teaching Excellence in Doctoral Students’ Teaching Training. Chartered ABS Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Annual Conference.
- Hill, L. (2016) Mind the Gap: Expectations and Support for Academics in Developing Intercultural Competencies in Higher Education. Internationalising the Curriculum Conference.
- Hill, L. (2016) Thinking Globally, Acting Locally: An Examination of the Drivers Affecting Policy Formulation at Individual University Level. Fourth Research Student Conference.
- Hill, L. (2016) Overcoming Butterflies in the Stomach: Supporting Doctoral Students’ Teaching Practices through Innovative Training. How Teaching Focused Academics are Driving Teaching Excellence.
- Hill, L. (2016) Implementing a University Internationalisation Strategy: An Examination of the Policy, Places and People Involved. WRDTC Interdisciplinary Summer Conference on Education in the 21st Century.
- Hill, L. (2016) Butterflies in Your Stomach? Top Tips for Presenting at a Conference. Empowering the PhD.
- Hill, L. (2015) Student Sounding Boards for Quality Enhancement. Enhancing Student Learning Through Innovative Scholarship Conference.
- Hill, L. (2015) Having a Eureka Moment: Using Discovery Learning to Address the Needs of Widening Participation Students. University of Warwick’s Annual Conference.
- Hill, L. (2013) Harnessing the Power of ‘iPal’. HEA Annual Conference.
- Hill, L. (2013) Harnessing the Power of Internationalisation. First Annual Learning and Teaching Conference.
- Hill, L. (2019) How to write an introduction chapter for a thesis. 31 January. [Online]. Available from: https://business.leeds.ac.uk/dir-record/research-blog/600/how-to-write-an-introduction-chapter-for-a-thesis
- Hill, L. (2017) Getting the Most out of Networking at Conferences. 10 January. [Online]. Available from: https://business.leeds.ac.uk/dir-record/research-blog/804/getting-the-most-out-of-networking-at-conferences
- Hill, L. (2016) Writing a Conference Proposal. 13 June. [Online]. Available from: https://business.leeds.ac.uk/dir-record/research-blog/754/writing-a-conference-proposal
- Hill, L. (2013) Pass the Russian doll to explain research methods. 25 October. [Online]. Available from: https://www.llc.leeds.ac.uk/learning/russian-doll-research-methods
- Hill, L. (2018) The Topsy Turvy Career Considerations of an EdD in Higher Education Student. University of Sheffield Doctoral Times: The Job World After the PhD, 17 (Spring), 9.
- Hill, L. (2013) Learning and Development Practice Exhibition for first year students at North Lindsey College, UK. In Healey, M, Jenkins, A, Lea, J. (Eds.) Case Studies of Research Based Curricula in College Based Higher Education. York: HEA
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Certified Management and Business Educator
- University Student Education Fellow
- MA in Education
- PGCE in Post-Compulsory Education and Training
- Academy of Management
- British Academy of Management
- Chartered Association of Business Schools
- European Association for International Education
- Higher Education Academy
- Society for Research into Higher Education
Co-Programme Leader of the Learning to Teach Programme
Professional Development Tutor (Management Division)
LUBS5988M Research Design and Analysis - Seminar Leader
LUBS5970M Dissertation - Supervisor
LUBS3345 Dissertation - Supervisor
LUBS2020 Study to Work - Module Leader