- Position: Associate Professor
- Areas of expertise: Internationalisation at Home; Internationalisation in Higher Education; Pedagogic Practice; Human Resource Management; Graduate Employability
- Email: L.Hill@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1702
- Location: Room G12 Charles Thackrah Building
I have worked with a diverse body of students at foundation year degree to doctoral level in a variety of higher education institutions. I am passionate about enhancing the student experience and actively support the development of academics’ pedagogic practice at local, national and international level.
- PGR Teaching Co-Ordinator
- Thesis and Dissertation Supervisor
- Module Leader
- Hill, L. & Viragos, A. (2020) Book Review: Internationalization and Employability in Higher Education. Academy of Management Learning & Education, (in press).
- Hill, L. (2019) Mentimeter: A Tool for Actively Engaging Large Lecture Cohorts. Academy of Management Learning & Education, (in press).
- Hill, L. (2019) Blackboard Collaborate Ultra: An Online, Interactive Teaching Tool. Academy of Management Learning & Education, 18 (4), 640-642.
- Hill, L. (2016) Supporting Widening Participation Students through Student as Producer Research on Quality Enhancement. Practice and Evidence of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education: Special Issue, 11 (1), 89-99.
- Hill, L. (2020) Supporting Study to Work Students through Partnerships with Undergraduate and Graduate Students. RAISE: Pandemic Partnerships and Power.
- Hill, L. & Hussain, M. (2020) Special Interest Group International Students Launch. UKAT: Festival of Ideas.
- Hill, L. & Robinson, J. (2018) Generating Interdisciplinary Sustainability Projects in Commonwealth Countries Through Internationalisation at Home Teaching Practices. PRME Regional Charter UK and Ireland 6th Annual Conference.
- Hill, L. & Dickinson, J. (2018) Capturing a Unicorn: Supporting Students to Succeed in the Competitive Placement Applications Process. Chartered ABS Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Annual Conference.
- Hill, L. & Smith, N. (2018) ‘Yes, I am interested in you!’ – Enhancing Chinese Students’ Experience through Personal Tutorials. Chartered ABS Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Annual Conference.
- Hill, L. (2017) DICTATE: Developing Intercultural Competences Through Aviation (Drone) Technology Experiments. Chartered ABS Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Annual Conference.
- Hill, L. (2017) UBELing Doctoral Students’ Teacher Training: Using Blended Learning to Drive Teaching Excellence in Doctoral Students’ Teaching Training. Chartered ABS Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Annual Conference.
- Hill, L. (2016) Mind the Gap: Expectations and Support for Academics in Developing Intercultural Competencies in Higher Education. Internationalising the Curriculum Conference.
- Hill, L. (2016) Thinking Globally, Acting Locally: An Examination of the Drivers Affecting Policy Formulation at Individual University Level. Fourth Research Student Conference.
- Hill, L. (2016) Overcoming Butterflies in the Stomach: Supporting Doctoral Students’ Teaching Practices through Innovative Training. How Teaching Focused Academics are Driving Teaching Excellence.
- Hill, L. (2016) Implementing a University Internationalisation Strategy: An Examination of the Policy, Places and People Involved. WRDTC Interdisciplinary Summer Conference on Education in the 21st Century.
- Hill, L. (2016) Butterflies in Your Stomach? Top Tips for Presenting at a Conference. Empowering the PhD.
- Hill, L. (2015) Student Sounding Boards for Quality Enhancement. Enhancing Student Learning Through Innovative Scholarship Conference.
- Hill, L. (2015) Having a Eureka Moment: Using Discovery Learning to Address the Needs of Widening Participation Students. University of Warwick’s Annual Conference.
- Hill, L. (2013) Harnessing the Power of ‘iPal’. HEA Annual Conference.
- Hill, L. (2013) Harnessing the Power of Internationalisation. First Annual Learning and Teaching Conference.
- Hill, L. (2019) Developing students’ intercultural competencies through ‘Internationalisation at Home’ pedagogic practices. 22 November. [Online] Available from: https://charteredabs.org/developing-students-intercultural-competencies-through-internationalisation-at-home-pedagogic-practices-2/
- Hill, L. (2019) How to write an introduction chapter for a thesis. 31 January. [Online]. Available from: https://business.leeds.ac.uk/dir-record/research-blog/600/how-to-write-an-introduction-chapter-for-a-thesis
- Hill, L. (2017) Getting the Most out of Networking at Conferences. 10 January. [Online]. Available from: https://business.leeds.ac.uk/dir-record/research-blog/804/getting-the-most-out-of-networking-at-conferences
- Hill, L. (2016) Writing a Conference Proposal. 13 June. [Online]. Available from: https://business.leeds.ac.uk/dir-record/research-blog/754/writing-a-conference-proposal
- Hill, L. (2013) Pass the Russian doll to explain research methods. 25 October. [Online]. Available from: https://www.llc.leeds.ac.uk/learning/russian-doll-research-methods
- Hill, L. & Hussain, M. (2020) International Student Special Interest Group. [Online]. Available from https://www.ukat.uk/community/special-interest-groups/international-students/
- Hill, L & Smith, N. (2019) Tutoring Matters – Supporting International Students through Personal Tutorials. 12 December. [Online]. Available from https://www.ukat.uk/events/webinars/archive/supporting-international-students-through-personal-tutorials/
- Hill, L. (2018) The Topsy Turvy Career Considerations of an EdD in Higher Education Student. University of Sheffield Doctoral Times: The Job World After the PhD, 17 (Spring), 9.
- Hill, L. (2013) Learning and Development Practice Exhibition for first year students at North Lindsey College, UK. In Healey, M, Jenkins, A, Lea, J. (Eds.) Case Studies of Research Based Curricula in College Based Higher Education. York: HEA
- Academy of Management
- Internationalisation of Higher Education: Policy and Practice
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Certified Management and Business Educator
- Recognised Practitioner in Advising
- University Student Education Fellow
- MA in Education
- Academy of Management
- Advance HE
- Chartered Association of Business Schools
- European Association for International Education
- Society for Research into Higher Education
- UK Advising and Tutoring
Thesis and Dissertation Supervisor
Professional Development Tutor