Dr Mariana Estrada-Robles
I am an early career researcher in the field of entrepreneurship and family business. I joined the Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies at Leeds University Business School in 2017 from Sheffield University Management School. My research mainly focuses on studying the influence of family dynamics and institutional context on entrepreneurial families.
My teaching commitments include designing and delivering modules for postgraduate and undergraduate students in higher education institutions in the UK and Mexico and International Summer Schools. I have also worked for 6 years in EGADE Business School for Latin America developing postgraduate programmes in countries like Peru, Ecuador, Panama and Colombia. I have collaboratively taught entrepreneurship courses involving academic trips to New York, New Haven (Yale School of Management), Houston (Texas A&M) in the United States; and Madrid, Spain (BBVA Group Training Centre). I have also assessed start-up projects from MBA students in EGADE Business School.
My primary research interest is in the field of family entrepreneurship, specialising in entrepreneurial families and family business. I am also interested in exploring informality, institutions and culture within entrepreneurship.
I am interested in supervising PhD students in the following areas:
- Family Business
- Family Entrepreneurship
- Family businesses and entrepreneurship in emerging economies
Listen to my research podcast:
'How family members can support each other’s entrepreneurial activities'
The podcast is based on a paper published recently in Entrepreneurship and Regional Development accessible here: https://bit.ly/2V5lI9l
- Fellow (Higher Education Academy)
- PGCAP- University of Leeds
- PhD in Managament- Entrepreneurship, University of Sheffield
- MBA, Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico
- BA Marketing, Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico
- British Academy of Management
- Higher Education Academy
In the academic year 2020-21 I am module leader/teaching on:
- LUBS2080 New Enterprise Planning (Semester 1)
- LUBS1890 Starting your Own Business (Semester 1)
- LUBS5963M Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Creation (Semester 1 and 3)
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies