Professor Annie Wei
- Position: Chair in International Business
- Areas of expertise: Foreign Direct Investment; International Trade; Economic Development; The Chinese Economy
- Email: Y.Wei@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7946
- Location: 1.22 10-12 Cromer Terrace
Before joining the Business School in December 2013, Yingqi (Annie) Wei had held a chair position at the University of York since July 2008. Her main research areas of interest are foreign direct investment (FDI), international trade and economic development, with a focus on the determinants and impact of inward FDI in China and the internationalization of Chinese multinationals. She has published in various journals including Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of World Business, Research Policy, Regional Studies, Cambridge Journal of Economics and World Development. She is also the recipient of best paper award in Academy of International Business (UK&Ireland) and Academy of Marketing Conference and International Journal of the Economics of Business, Highly Commended paper in European Journal of Marketing in the 2017 Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence and the 2020 CEIBS Best Paper Award Finalist for the IM Division, Academy of Management.
Yingqi has taught a range of subjects at various levels, including International Business, Foreign Direct Investment, Economics, Economies of China and India, Emerging Economies, Mathematical Economics, Statistics, and Econometrics. She previously worked at Rutgers, Bradford, Sheffield, Lancaster and Aston University. She also taught at Helsinki School of Economics, Sun Yat-sun University, Hunan University and Southwest University of Finance and Economics. Yingqi is currently Book Series Editor, Palgrave and Macmillan Asian Business Series and serves as a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies and Management and Organization Review.
- Deputy Pro Dean (Research and Innovation)
- UOA Lead, Business and Management
- PhD, Aston University
- Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education & SEDA Accredited Teacher
- BSc in Information Engineering, Harbin Engineering University
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for International Business at the University of Leeds