Dr. Ziko Konwar
- Position: Assistant Professor of International Business
- Areas of expertise: FDI and emerging markets. Networks, institutions and innovation performance. Corporate sustainability, the MNE and SDGs.
- Email: Z.Konwar@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 8022
- Location: 2.08 10-12 Cromer Terrace
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar
I am Assistant Professor of International Business at Leeds University Business School. I currently serve as the Departmental Director for Internationalisation. Prior to this, I was Programme Director for MSc International Business@Leeds, a Senior Teaching Fellow and completed a LITE Transformation Fellowship. Before Leeds, I was a Lecturer in International Business based in Sheffield Business School and was the PhD Academic Support tutor and MRes Course leader.
Prior to an academic career, I worked in the corporate sector, having worked in IBM and with United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM), New Delhi.
- Director - IB Department (International)
My research interests is centered around three areas
a. Examining key antecedents and consequences of internationalisation by emerging market firms,
b. Network ties, institutions and innovation performance.
c. Corporate sustainability, stakeholder expectations and SDGs.
Grants: LUBS Challenge Fund-II, 2020-21 (Lead investigator); “Uncovering Challenges to Innovation Adoption and Sustainability Practices at the Bottom-of-the Pyramid” please see details here
Michael Beverley Innovation Fellowship, 2020-21 (Co-investigator); “Creating environmental harmony within soybean production in Indonesia” please see details here
I have published in Industrial Marketing Management, R&D Management, International Marketing Review among others and review regularly for leading journals such as Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of International Business Policy, Industrial Marketing Management, as well as for annual AOM and AIB conferences.
I am a member of the Editorial Review Board of Journal of International Business Studies.
- PhD (International Business): Bradford University
- MSc (Management): Sheffield University
- MA (Politics): Jawaharlal Nehru University
- BA (Politics): University of Delhi
- Academy of Management
- Academy of International Business
- European International Business Academy
- Fellow (Higher Education Academy)
I deliver international business and and international strategy modules for undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA students.
LUBS5719 International Business Management (MBA)
LUBS5232 International Strategic Management (MSc)
LUBS5911 International Business Dissertation (MSc)
LUBS5999 IB PG Study Abroad (MSc)
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for International Business at the University of Leeds