Dr Bianca Orsi
- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: International Monetary System; Monetary Policy; Currency Internationalisation; Currency Hierarchy; International Political Economy; Cross-border Capital Flows; Heterodox Economics
- Email: B.Orsi@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2632
- Location: GM.20 Maurice Keyworth
- Website: LinkedIn | Researchgate | White Rose
I joined the Leeds University Business School as a Teaching Fellow in Economics. I completed my BA in Economics in 2012, MSc Economics in 2014 and PhD in Economics 2019.
My main research interests are on monetary policy, monetary policy transmission mechanism, inflation, capital controls, interest rate, exchange rate, currency internationalization and currency hierarchy, financial integration.
- Phd in Economics - University of Leeds
- MSc in Economics - University of Leeds
- BSc in Economics - Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
- Post-Keynesian Economic Society (PKES)
- Associação Keynesiana Brasileira (AKB)
My teaching has always been shaped by my expertise and interests in various fields of economics. I have taught across a wide range of modules, from Mathematics and Statistics (LUBS1285) to Theories of Growth, Value and Distribution (LUBS2040).
More recently, I have specialised in modules related to macroeconomics at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, such as International Economics: Integration and Governance (LUBS3590) and Global Economic Coordination and Governance (LUBS5140M). I am also particularly interested in teaching modules related to heterodox economics, e.g. Economic Perspectives and Controversies (LUBS1291) and Economic Theory and Applications (LUBS1951).
Current Postgraduate Researchers
Ivan Weigandi Martinez