Dr Bin Xu
- Position: Lecturer in Finance
- Email: B.Xu@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7801
Dr Bin Xu is a Lecturer in Finance at Leeds University Business School who joined the School in 2017. Prior to that, he worked as a Lecturer in Finance at Queens University Belfast. Dr Xu received his PhD from Loughborough University, and his MSc and BA (Hons) from the universities of Edinburgh and Nottingham respectively. He has been a visiting researcher at the Norwegian School of Economics and Warwick Business School, and has academic exchange experience at the University of British Columbia.
Dr Xu’s primary research areas are corporate finance and behavioral finance. His recent research examines various corporate financial decisions. He welcomes PhD applications from highly motivated students who would like to conduct research related to his areas of expertise.
- Various corporate policies
- The effect of managerial traits and biases
- Product market competition and firm growth
- Content analysis of corporate disclosure
- Corporate governance
- “Do Firms Respond to Industry Rising Stars?”, with Ran Duchin and Xunhua Su
- “Does Corporate Social Responsibility Facilitate Public Debt Financing?”, with Xin Chang and Yung Chiang Yang
- “On the Importance of Non-CEO Equity Incentives”, with Yiwei Li and Yeqin Zeng
Research groups and institutes
- International Banking Institute