Nannies during the COVID-19 pandemic: A workforce concerned with safety and stability
- Date: Wednesday 2 February 2022, 19:30 – 21:00
- Location: Online
- Type: Seminars and lectures, Online
- Cost: Free
This webinar is one of a series of presentations on our UKRI/ESRC-funded' Childcare during Covid' project.
About this event
The Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) sector has been disrupted and reorganised during the Covid-19 pandemic. These disruptions have impacted disproportionately on the women workers who make up the majority of the sector. In this webinar – one of a series of presentations on our UKRI/ESRC-funded Childcare during Covid project - we will present findings from our research specifically focusing on the experiences of nannies in England and Wales in 2020/21. This includes data collected via surveys (527 nannies) and in-depth interview data (25 nannies).
We will reflect on:
- How COVID has affected nannies’ concerns about personal safety and relationships with employers.
- The financial implications of COVID and the actions that nannies took to support themselves.
- The future of nannying, including working conditions and finances in the wake of Covid-19.
We invite you to come and discuss the findings and to reflect on nannying and the implications of the pandemic.