Dr Alessandro Biraglia
- Position: Associate Professor of Marketing
- Areas of expertise: Consumer behaviour; consumer psychology; branding; entrepreneurship and business development; political marketing; food marketing
- Email: A.Biraglia@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7425
- Location: 1.13 Maurice Keyworth Building
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
PhD in Marketing, Leeds University Business School
MSc in Psychology and Marketing, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
BSc in Social Psychology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Alessandro Biraglia is Associate Professor of Marketing at Leeds University Business School. He earned his Ph.D. at The University of Leeds. His research interests focus on (but are not limited to) the broader areas of consumer behaviour, branding and decision making.
- Co-Head of Year 1 for the UG Business Management with Marketing and IB with Marketing
- How individual differences impact decisions made by individuals, consumers, and managers
- How authenticity plays a role in consumers’ adoption of products and brands
- How new food products are created and commercialized (e.g., upcycled food)
- How ideology shapes consumer behaviour
- How tourist institutions cooperate with businesses and local governments
- How retailing and consumption settings reshape cities’ geography
- Association of Consumer Research
- Society of Consumer Psychology
- American Marketing Association
- European Marketing Academy
I am presently Module Leader of LUBS2840 Marketing Research for Undergraduates.
Previously I contributed in teaching several modules in the area of marketing at both the undergraduate and postgraduate level, including: Marketing strategy, Consumer Behaviour, and Brand Management.