Leeds University Business School Doctoral Conference 2023
- Date: Thursday 22 June 2023, 9:00 – 18:00
- Location: Hilton Hotel, Neville Street, Leeds, LS1 4BX
- Cost: Free of charge
The Business School Doctoral Conference will bring together Postgraduate Researchers (PGRs) from all departments providing them with a platform to present excellent and frontier research.
Our aim is to foster strong research connections among PGRs, Early Career Researchers (ECRs), supervisors, and colleagues in the Business School. We want to give PGRs the opportunity to develop research presentation and communication skills, receive constructive feedback, and inspire researchers across centres and departments in the School. First-year students are encouraged to attend the conference to gain valuable experience and connect with PGRs and staff across the Faculty.
The conference will include a mix of plenary, panel and breakout sessions. We anticipate the breakout sessions will follow a Pecha Kucha, short presentation, methodology to allow for as many people in our community to participate as possible, and to provide plenty of space for discussion and dialogue.
The Business School has research strengths across many fields and disciplines, with theoretical, methodological and empirical depth that can offer insights and solutions to the most challenging and pressing of issues, be they corporate, policy-related or more societal.
|09:40||Parallel sessions 1 – 4|
|11:05||Refreshment break and poster session|
|11:20||Publishing session – meet the editors|
|13:25||Parallel session 5 – 9|
|15:05||Parallel sessions 10 – 14|
|16:45||ECR experience session|
|18:15 – late||Conference dinner|
The Business School is committed to taking actions to tackle climate change by becoming greener and more sustainable. We have therefore taken the following steps when organising the Doctoral Conference:
- We are working with the conference venue to calculate the carbon footprint of the event. The Hilton offset carbon emissions through South Pole, a company that invests in emission reduction projects and strategies
- We have chosen a predominantly plant-based menu for the lunch and evening dinner to reduce food-related emissions. We have also requested that the buffet lunch includes a plant-based options
- Water will be available in jugs with glasses in addition to plastic bottles
- Hot drinks will be in mugs rather than disposable
- Plant-based milks will be offered as the default option at refreshment breaks
- Although stationery will be available on request, delegates are encouraged to bring their own
- All our name badges will be printed on recycled card with no plastic and we’ll use bamboo lanyards. Delegates will be asked to leave lanyards for use at future conferences
- Programmes will be available via a QR code rather than being printed
- As much as possible, signs will be displayed digitally rather than printed
- We aim to reduce, as much as possible, the number of decorations and printed materials for the event
Photography and filming will be taking place at this event for use by the University for marketing and publicity uses in our publications, on our website, social media and any third party publications. Please contact a member of staff if you wish to be exempted from this activity.
We look forward to seeing you there.
For any queries about the conference please email firstname.lastname@example.org.