Aritad (Alan) Choicharoon
- Position: Lecturers in Business Analytics
- Areas of expertise: Applied Data Science; Natural Language Processing; Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis; Decision Support System
- Email: A.Choicharoon@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 1.25 Charles Thackrah
I am a lecturer in business analytics at Leeds University Business School since 2020. Within this role, I am responsible for designing and delivering various modules that focus on the area of quantitative modelling and analytics. In particular, I designed and developed LUBS5991M, Creating Effective Data Visualisation module, which is one of the faster growing optional module in LUBS. I am committed to delivering high quality education that is driven by research and industry trend. Alongside my interest in ensuring good quality education, I am an active and enthusiastic data scientist and researcher focusing on applied project that has a real-world impact.
In the past, I worked as a data scientist at international e-commerce platform focusing on marketing analytics and as a researcher in top-3 international music label focusing on the use of AI in talent scouting.
- Professional Development Tutor
- Applied Data Science in business such as in mining industry and data consultancy.
- Integration of data, machine learning, and decision science in music industry.
- Human interaction with multi-criteria decision support system
- The role of decision support system in business.
- Other interest include applied machine learning, application of deep learning/reinforcement learning in managerial decision making and interpretable artificial intelligence.
- BEng Aerospace Engineering
- MSc Business Analytics and Decision Science
- Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of Operation Research Society
- Certified Management & Business Educator
I am responsible for teaching of the following modules:
- Business Analytics and Decision Science (LUBS5308M) – Module Leader
- Creating Effective Data Visualisation (LUBS5991M) – Module Leader
- Quantitative Analysis (LUBS5586M) – Module Leader
I used to be involved in teaching with the following modules:
- Forecasting and Advanced Business Analytics (LUBS5309M) Former Teaching Staff
- Evidence Based Consultancy (LUBS5318M) – Former Seminar Leader
- Advanced Analytical Methods (LUBS2920) – Former Module Leader
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Decision Research