Dr. Ziko Konwar
- Position: Assistant Professor of International Business
- Areas of expertise: FDI in and from emerging markets, Regions and FDI, Networks, institutions and innovation performance, Corporate environmental sustainability, the MNE and SDGs
- Email: Z.Konwar@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 8022
- Location: 2.10 10-12 Cromer Terrace
- Website: Googlescholar | ORCID
I am Assistant Professor of International Business at Leeds University Business School and currently serve as the Director for MSc International Business programme. I worked as a Senior Teaching Fellow in Leeds between January, 2017 and October, 2020 and recently selected as a LITE Transformation Fellow. Prior to joining Leeds, I was a Lecturer in International Business in Sheffield Hallam University and was the PhD Academic Support Tutor and MRes Course leader at the business school.
I have worked previously in IBM and with United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM), New Delhi.
- Director, Msc International Business Programme
- Leeds Institute for Teaching Excellence (LITE) Transformation Fellow
My research interests is centered around three areas
a. Examining key antecedents and consequences of internationalisation by emerging market firms,
b. Network ties, institutions and innovation performance.
c. Corporate sustainability, stakeholder expectations and SDGs.
Grants: LUBS Challenge Fund-II, 2020 (Lead investigator); “Uncovering Challenges to Innovation Adoption and Sustainability Practices at the Bottom-of-the Pyramid” please see details here
Michael Beverley Innovation Fellowship, 2021 (Co-investigator); “Creating environmental harmony within soybean production in Indonesia” please see details here
I review regularly for leading journals such as Journal of International Business Policy (IB), Industrial Marketing Management (Marketing) as well as for annual AOM and AIB conferences.
- PhD (International Business): University of Bradford
- MSc (Management): University of Sheffield
- MA (Politics): Jawaharlal Nehru University, India
- BA (Politics): University of Delhi, India
- Fellow (Higher Education Academy)
- Academy of International Business
- European International Business Academy
- Academy of Management
- British Academy of Management
I deliver international business and and international strategy modules for undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA students.
LUBS5719 International Business Management (MBA)
LUBS5232 International Strategic Management (MSc)
LUBS5911 International Business Dissertation (MSc)
LUBS5999 IB PG Study Abroad (MSc)
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for International Business at the University of Leeds