Dr Tom Haines-Doran
- Position: West Yorkshire Policy Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Political economy; economics; accounting; transport studies; social movement studies
- Email: T.Haines-Doran@leeds.ac.uk
- Website: Twitter | Googlescholar | ORCID
I am a political economist who specialises in economic policy.
My PhD studies on the political economy of the railways have led to a number of academic journal articles, and my book Derailed: How to Fix Britain’s Broken Railways.
I have an interest and research experience in the field of critical accounting and business studies, especially on the role of social movements in creating political change, and the political economy of transport and infrastructure, including in ABS 3 star publications.
I have extensive media experience, including appearences on BBC Newsnight, the BBC News Channel, Sky News, Talk TV, Channel 4’s Dispatches, in major newspapers and magazines interntionally, and on a range of national local radio stations, including BBC Radio 4 and LBC.
I am also experienced in higher education teaching in the subject areas of politics and economics, as well as in PhD and Masters supervision.
Throughout my academic career I have committed to conducting research which is useful for creating positive social and economic change.
- BA Politics
- MA Politics (International Political Economy)
- PhD Economics
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- British Accounting & Finance Association
- Alternative Accounting Research Network