Joanna Y. Ye
- Position: Associate Professor, Accounting & Finance
- Email: Y.Ye@lubs.leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7426
- Location: 2.02 Maurice Keyworth Building
Joanna is an associate professor in the Accounting and Finance department of Leeds University Business School, with more than eight years of work experience in both practice and industry as an ACCA-qualified accountant specialising in auditing, management accounting, and financial reporting.
Joanna started her role as Head of First Year in the A&F department in 2009 and has been a module leader and lecturer for a range of modules. In addition, Joanna has supervised postgraduate dissertation students and undergraduate placement students. Joanna was appointed as Director of Undergraduate Studies in the A&F department in 2019. Joanna is also the principal coordinator for accreditations with accountancy professional bodies (ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA).
- Director of Undergraduate Studies, Accounting and Finance Department
- Programme Director BSc Accounting and Finance
Accounting research: earnings management, corporate governance, audit quality, auditor switch, ownership structure, ESG reporting
Pedagogic research: transition to HE, international student integration, assessment and feedback, blended learning
- MA Accounting & Finance
- BA Economics
- Fellow of the Association of Charted Certified Accountants
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy