Ms Helenne Doody
- Position: Senior Teaching Fellow
- Email: H.K.Doody@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0690
- Location: 2.02 Maurice Keyworth
I am a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants England & Wales (ICAEW), having trained as a chartered accountant with PwC, working for many years in their Forensic Services teams both in the UK and Australia. I then spent time as an internal auditor at Tesco before joining the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) as a technical specialist, where I focused on fraud risk management, responsible business and sustainability. During my time at CIMA, I gained external recognition as an expert in my areas of specialism and was involved in producing a number of publications and invited to speak at conferences and events. I am editor of a book on Fraud Risk Management, have a chapter in a book on Managing Climate Risk and have been cited in various publications, including the Financial Times, Excellence in Leadership, Finance Director and Sustainability Today. On leaving CIMA, I consulted for the ICAEW on a short-term Sustainability project and then moved into the banking sector, working in the Fraud Risk team at Barclays for a number of years.
I joined the Leeds University Business School as a Senior Teaching Fellow within the Accounting and Finance department in 2018 and achieved the status of Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) in 2021. I am Head of 3rd Year for Accounting & Finance and Banking & Finance undergraduate students and also have the role of Academic Personal Tutor and Work Placement Tutor. I primarily teach Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Forensic Accounting and Commercial Skills subjects, teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Head of 3rd Year
- Academic Personal Tutor and Work Placement Tutor
Research interests include:
- Forensic Accounting with a focus on Fraud Investigation and Fraud Risk Management
- Accounting Education
- ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Awareness, International Compliance Training, 2011
- Certificate in Fraud Management, University of Teesside, 2007
- Graduate Certificate in Fraud Investigation, La Trobe University (Australia), 2004
- FCA (ICAEW), 2002
- BSc (Hons) Business Decision Analysis, Liverpool John Moores University, 1998
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants England & Wales (ICAEW)
I teach on Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Forensic Accounting and Commercial Skills modules at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Financial Technology