- Position: Chair in Accounting & Finance
- Areas of expertise: banking; financial market dynamics; financial frictions and real economic dynamics
- Email: V.N.Dinger@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Clarendon Place 16
I joined the Leeds University Business School as part-time Professor of Banking and Finance at the Accounting and Finance Department in 2019. I am also Professor of Economics at the Institute for Empirical Economic Research, University of Osnabrueck, Germany. Before joining the University of Osnabrueck, I was assistant professor at the University of Bonn. I have also held various visiting positions, e.g. at the University of Mannheim, the Deutsche Bundesbank, the Federal Reserve of Cleveland, Norges Bank and Peking University.
I obtained a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Bonn.
My research focuses on financial markets and institutions. My current work includes studies on the costs and benefits of bank equity issues as well as studies on the interactions between financial frictions and real economic outcomes.
- PhD. Economics, University of Bonn
- Master of Economics, University of Sofia
Research groups and institutes
- International Banking Institute