- Position: Teaching Fellow in Accounting & Finance
- Areas of expertise: Management accounting; Performance measurement; Financial reporting and regulation; Accounting education
- Email: A.Bordianu@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3339
- Location: 2.20 Maurice Keyworth (LUBS)
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate
I am the Head of Year and Personal Tutor for students on the Accounting and Finance Postgraduate programmes. I have joined Leeds University Business School as a Teaching Fellow in 2014, but I have been with the school for a longer time as I have carried here both my master and doctoral studies. Prior to joining the university, I have worked as an accountant specializing in accounting standards, financial analysis and taxes. Also, I have experience in non-formal education as I am a qualified trainer. At the moment, I couple my strong passion for student education with my research within intellectual capital and performance measurement.
- PG Head of the Year
- Personal Tutor
- Intangibles and intellectual capital reporting and valuation
- Integrated thinking and reporting
- Performance measurement
- Accounting theory
- Accounting education
- PhD Accounting, Leeds University Business School
- MA Accounting and Finance (Distinction),Leeds University Business School
- BA Accounting and Management Information Systems(Distinction), Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest
- Erasmus Exchange Student, University of Amsterdam
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- European Accounting Association
- European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management
- Charted Association of Business Schools
I have a strong portfolio of topics I can teach on such as International Business Finance, Applied Finance, Financial Reporting and Regulations, Introductory Management Accounting, Introductory Accounting and Finance. However, my teaching expertise is in management accounting and financial reporting and regulation. I was awarded twice the Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence (2016,2017).
Besides carrying teaching on a wide range of topics, I am interested in the effectiveness of the learning processes and the development of skills for students’ personal and professional progression. For this reason, I currently teaching on and contribute to the credit –bearing module “Critical Skills for the Finance Professional” as well as carrying research within accounting education.