Dr Sania Wadud
- Position: Senior Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Applied Econometrics, Economics of Climate Change and Energy Transition, Climate Econometrics, Economics of Financial and Commodity Markets, Economics of Cryptocurrencies, Sustainable Financial System
- Email: S.Wadud@leeds.ac.uk
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
Sania joined the Leeds University Business School (LUBS) as a Senior Research Fellow in August 2023.
Sania obtained an MSc degree in Financial Forecasting and Investment from the University of Glasgow, Scotland and a PhD in Economics from the University of Aberdeen, Scotland and Curtin University, Western Australia.
Before joining LUBS, she worked as a lecturer in the Department of Economics at the University of Essex and as a lecturer in Finance at BRAC University, Bangladesh. Sania had formerly worked as a Teaching Assistant at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland and as a Research Assistant at Massey University, New Zealand. She also has experience in the financial industry (Barclays Wealth, Barclays Capital, Lloyds Banking Group, HSBC, IDLC) for about five years.
Sania is currently working on the New Capital Consensus: Driving investment for Better Societies project, a coalition of Chatham House, FinSTIC (IFoA), the University of Leeds, and Radix Big Tent. This research particularly uses a system approach to understand the current UK financial system, its flows, stocks, and their interrelationships to assist in the system-wide change required towards greening the UK economy and tackling structural inequalities.
Her research focuses on volatility dynamics in the financial and commodity markets using parametric and non-parametric time series methods. She is particularly interested in market efficiency and price co-movement in various energy, green bond, green equity, EU ETS and cryptocurrencies markets.
Sania is also interested in energy and environmental economics, climate policy risks, greening the UK financial system, microfinance and macroeconomic stability. Sania recently started to work on climate econometrics.
- PhD in Economics
- MSc in Financial Forecasting and Investment
- BBA (dual major: Economics & Finance)
- Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- Royal Economic Society
- Econometric Society