Dr Julia Wanwan Zhu
- Position: Lecturer in Accounting and Finance
- Areas of expertise: Corporate Governance; Banking; CEO Succession; Executive Compensation; Earnings Management; ESG.
- Email: W.Zhu@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9731
- Location: 2.02 Maurice Keyworth Building
Julia joined the Accounting and Finance Department of Leeds University Business School in January 2020. She received PhD in Accounting and Finance from the University of Leeds.
Julia’s research interests include corporate governance, banking and finance, CEO succession and top management team, executive compensation, earnings management, ESG (environmental, social and governance), etc.
- PhD, Acccounting and Finance, University of Leeds, UK
- Associate Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (AFHEA)
- Member of Financial Management Association (FMA)
Julia has teaching experience in a variety of modules within Leeds University Business School such as: Introductory Accounting and Finance (LUBS0040), Foundations of Finance (LUBS1035), Introduction to Finance (LUBS1036), Introductory Management Accounting (LUBS1245), Introduction to Management Accounting (LUBS1925), Accounting for Managers (LUBS1225), Mathematical Economics (LUBS1280), Corporate Finance (LUBS2205), Credit and Financial Analytics (LUBS2225). Julia is good at student engagement and building a friendly and supportive learning environment. She has been proactively developing and utilising innovative approaches to deliver teaching. She was a research assistant in the school’s Bloomberg Financial Market Lab from 2016 to 2018 and is skillful in supervising students the use of Bloomberg Terminals, teaching students data retrival teachniques and econometric analysis techniques in statistical software packages.