Dr Julia Wanwan Zhu
- Position: Lecturer in Accounting & Finance
- Areas of expertise: Leadership & Governance; CEO Succession; Top Management Team; Executive Compensation; ESG; Management Accounting
- Email: W.Zhu@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9731
- Location: 2.02 Maurice Keyworth Building
I am a Lecturer in the Accounting and Finance Department at Leeds University Business School in January 2020. I received my PhD in Accounting and Finance from the University of Leeds in 2020.
- Head of First Year Accounting & Finance
- Personal Tutor
- Access to Leeds Tutor
I have a keen interest in developing better understanding of the influence of CEOs and top management teams on the financial performance of firms, corporate culture, and firm’s social responsibilities. I am particularyly interested in CEO succession and its impact on firm performance. My other research interests include executive compensation, earnings management, ESG (environmental, social and governance), etc.
- PhD, Acccounting and Finance, University of Leeds, UK
- Associate Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (AFHEA)
- Member of Financial Management Association (FMA)
I am currently the module leader of LUBS1245 Introductory Management Accounting. I have taught a variety of modules within the Accounting and Finance department, such as: Introductory Accounting and Finance (LUBS0040), Foundations of Finance (LUBS1035), Introduction to Finance (LUBS1036), Introduction to Management Accounting (LUBS1925), Accounting for Managers (LUBS1225), Corporate Finance (LUBS2205), Credit and Financial Analytics (LUBS2225). I am good at student engagement and building a friendly and supportive learning environment. I have been proactively developing and utilising innovative approaches to deliver teaching.