Dr. Usman Gilani
Usman is a Lecturer in Banking and Finance in the Accounting and Finance division at Leeds University Business School. He received his Ph.D. degree in Banking and Finance from Leeds University Business School in 2019. His research has been published in 4* Finance Journals and international conferences. Usman has taught both undergraduate and postgraduate modules.
Usman's research interests focus on bank regulation, governance, and systemic risk of US banks. In particular, Usman has examined the effectiveness of corporate governance and regulatory mechanisms in limiting risk-taking by banks. Usman has taught Finance and Banking subjects at the US and PG level, including, Financial Derivatives, Risk Management in Banking, and International Banking and Finance.
- Ph.D. Banking and Finance, University of Leeds
- M.Sc. Finance and Investment, Queen Mary University of London, U.K.
Usman’s teaching covers undergraduate and postgraduate modules including Financial Derivatives, International Banking and Finance, and Risk Management in Banking. His teaching in the past also covered Corporate Finance, Financial Management as well as Applied Econometrics.
- Module Leader – LUBS3150 International Banking and Finance – 2021/22.
- Module Leader – LUBS3145 Risk Management in Banking – 2021/22.
- Seminar Leader – LUBS5006M01 International Business Finance – 2021/22.
Previous Teaching Roles
- Module leader – LUBS3150 International Banking and Finance – 2020/21.
- Module Leader – LUBS3145 Risk Management in Banking – 2020/21.
- Seminar Leader – LUBS5004M Corporate Finance – 2019/20.
- Seminar Leader – LUBS1245 Introductory Management Accounting – 2019/20.
Research groups and institutes
- International Banking Institute