Dr Richard M Crossley
- Position: Senior Teaching Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Financial Accounting & Reporting; Introductory Management Accounting; Critical Cases in A&F; Commercial Skills; Corporate Social Responsibility
- Email: R.M.Crossley@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 8829
- Location: 2.02 Maurice Keyworth Building
- Website: Googlescholar | ORCID
I am a Senior Teaching Fellow and Director of Student Education within the Accounting and Finance Department of the University of Leeds.
I joined Leeds University Business School in November 2019 after spending nearly fifteen years as a Senior Lecturer at the University of Huddersfield. My teaching portfolio currently covers undergraduate Financial Accounting, Introductory Management Accounting; Financial Reporting, Commercial Skills for Finance Professionals; and Critical Cases in Accounting & Finance.
Previous teaching has covered an array of disciplines at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, including Financial Accounting, Advanced Financial Reporting, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Dissertation supervision. Financial & Management teaching has also spanned cross-school and cross-University level.
I hold a PhD in Accounting, studying symbolic and substantive social & environmental accounting practices of SMEs in the UK, within a legitimacy framework.
I am a qualified Chartered Certified Accountant and a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accounts (FCCA). My accounting working experience stems across major insurance and manufacturing organisations where I undertook a variety of financial and management accounting roles.
Prior to the above, I was a professional footballer in the UK, Hong Kong and China.
- Undergraduate Head of Year
- PhD in Accounting
- MSc Risk, Disaster and Environmental Management
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Practice (Pg.Cert HEP)
- BA (Hons) Law & Accountancy
- Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)