Webinar: Bring your data alive to have more impact
- Date: Thursday 14 February 2019, 13:00 – 14:00
- Location: Online
- Type: Alumni, Online
- Cost: Free
This free online webinar is open to University of Leeds alumni, students, staff members
In business most of us will have data to present, but data can be dry. How can you bring it alive and make it easy to understand so that the data has more impact?
Adam Frost gives an overview of our process for creating data visualization techniques for specific audiences to maximize impact and memorability. He will:
- explore some of the best practices and key practitioners examples
- briefly explain how data can be structured into a narrative * choose the right charts and design techniques can support your story
- share the software he uses most often, and recommended reading
* This webinar is organised and produced by Career Farm who reserves the right to share this data with the University of Leeds in order to confirm that users are qualifying students, alumni or staff and/or allow the University of Leeds to update contact details. No personal data is retained by Career Farm.
If you have any questions about how your data will be used please contact Julia Barr - firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is taken as confirmation that you agree to your data being used in this way.
About the speaker
Adam Frost is content director at Add Two, an agency specialising in data visualisation and formerly head of data visualisation at the Guardian’s digital agency. His work has appeared on the Guardian, the New Statesman, Buzzfeed and elsewhere. Adam has also produced infographics and interactives for a range of public and private sector clients including the Department for Education, Google and Unilever.
PC-based attendees - Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003
ServerMac®-based attendees - Required: Mac OS® X 10.6 or newer
Mobile attendees - Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet
Please check your sound settings on your computer to ensure that you can hear the webinar