Webinar: How to gain a competitive edge
- Date: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 13:00 – 14:00
- Location: Online
- Type: Online, Alumni
- Cost: Free
This free online webinar is open to University of Leeds alumni, students and staff members
In this webinar, Penny Haslem will share how you or your organisation can raise your profile, through showcasing your experiences, to gain a competitive edge. She will show how to communicate brilliantly, in a way that modern business requires - engaging, useful, authentic and concise.
Attendees will learn:
- Why you should 'get out there' more to gain the competitive edge.
- Where you can capitalise on the myriad ways to increase your visibility.
- How to showcase your expertise without feeling like a show off.
Penny will also outline her instantly useable FACE model that enables individuals to easily and quickly ‘package up’ what they want to say. FACE is applicable in wide range of settings including taking part in panel discussions, on camera or in person, in meetings, client pitches or at networking events. This interactive session is for you if you want to showcase what you do, without feeling like a show-off. See how to get more visibility at work as someone who knows what they’re doing, and who is confident and compelling and reap the benefits to your career, your company and your customers.
* This webinar is organised and produced by Career Farm who reserves the right to share this data with the University of Leeds in order to confirm that users are qualifying students, alumni or staff and/or allow the University of Leeds to update contact details. No personal data is retained by Career Farm.
If you have any questions about how your data will be used or about the webinar please contact Julia Barr - firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is taken as confirmation that you agree to your data being used in this way.
About the speaker
Penny Haslem is an award winning inspirational speaker. As a former BBC business journalist and TV presenter, she has worked at the highest levels of national broadcasting on BBC Breakfast, the News Channel; and as a producer, reporter and presenter on Radio 4 and Radio 5 Live. As well as speaking, she now works with individuals and teams to help them raise their profile and get exposure for what they do and what they stand for.
Penny is a TEDx speaker on the Power of Visibility, and was named the UK’s Speaker of the Year 2016 by her professional association the PSA. In 2018 she was named a Condeco Social Media Influencer.