At Leeds University Business School we believe our research should make a difference - inspiring business managers, exciting policymakers and informing society.
Our research quality is recognised by commercial and non-commercial organisations, government and policymakers. It is highly relevant to the challenging business and management issues facing decision makers today - and it helps them to make better policy and strategic changes.
Leeds University Business School is working on joint research projects with the University's Faculties of Engineering; Education, Social Sciences and Law; Medicine and Health and Environment.
Our research vision at Leeds is to strengthen our research centres and widen their interdisciplinary reach so we can mainstream ideas and methological practice from the wider social sciences while, at the same time, ensuring our research connects to the societal challenges facing managers."
Professor Richard Thorpe, Pro-Dean for Research and Innovation
Our focus is to successfully translate knowledge for policy and practice and our researchers connect their knowledge to those who can make the best use of it - through journals and conferences, practitioner publications and media communications.
At the start of every research project we consider the end users of our research, and what it will mean to them. We involve managers and policymakers in the initial design stages, and once the research is underway. And so ultimately we do more valuable, more relevant research.
Applied Institute of Research in Economics (AIRE)
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Finance (CASIF)
- Centre for Decision Research (CDR)
- Centre for Employment Relations, Innovation and Change (CERIC)
- Centre for International Business at the University of Leeds (CIBUL)
- Centre for Innovation in Health Management (CIHM)
- Credit Management Research Centre (CMRC)
- Centre for Operations and Supply Chain Research (COSCR)
- Centre for Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (C-Tie)
- Global and Strategic Marketing Research Centre (GLOSMARC)
- International Institute for Banking and Financial Services (IIBFS)
- Leeds University Centre for Interdisciplinary Leadership (LUCILE)
- Socio-Technical Centre (STC)