I am a Ph.D. candidate in the International Business Department of the Leeds University Business School (LUBS). I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Banking and Finance and a Master of Science degree in Finance. Prior to these degrees, I had studied for a National Diploma degree in Cooperative Economics and Management.
Leeds University Business School International Business Department Scholarship
My research interests are themed on foreign direct investment and emerging markets.
- Aluko, O. A., Opoku, E. E. O. and Acheampong, O. A., 2022. Economic complexity and environmental degradation: Evidence from OECD countries. Business Strategy and the Environment. https://doi.org/10.1002/bse.3269.
- Opoku, E. E. O., Dogah, K. E. and Aluko, O. A., 2022. The contribution of human development towards environmental sustainability. Energy Economics, 106, 105782. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2021.105782
- Aluko, O. A. and Opoku, E. E. O., 2022. The financial development-impact of financial globalization revisited: A focus on OECD countries. International Economics, 169, 13-29. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.inteco.2021.11.001
- Aluko, O. A., Ibrahim. M. and Vo, X. V., 2022. Toward achieving sustainable development: Searching for economic development and globalization thresholds in the foreign direct investment–environmental degradation nexus. Sustainable Development., 30(4), 678-692. https://doi.org/10.1002/SD.2265.
- Aluko, O. A., Ibrahim, M. and Vo, X. V., 2021. On the foreign direct investment–economic growth relationship in Africa: Does economic freedom mediate this relationship? International Journal of Emerging Markets. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJOEM-04-2021-0568
- Aluko, O. A., Chen, G. S. and Opoku, E. E. O., 2021. Is foreign direct investment globalization-induced or a myth? A tale of Africa. International Journal of Finance and Economics. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijfe.2555
- Opoku, E. E. O. and Aluko, O. A., 2021. Heterogeneous effects of industrialization on the environment: Evidence from panel quantile regression. Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, 59, pp. 174–184. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.strueco.2021.08.015
- Aluko, O. A., Opoku, E. E. O. and Ibrahim, M., 2021. Investigating the environmental effect of globalization: Insights from selected industrialized countries. Journal of Environmental Management, 281, 111892. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2020.111892
- Aluko, O. A., Ibrahim, M. and Atagbuzia, M. O., 2021. On the causal nexus between FDI and globalization: Evidence from Africa. Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, 30(2), pp. 203–223. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638199.2020.1823460
- Aluko, O. A. and Obalade, A. A., 2020. Financial development and environmental quality in sub–Saharan Africa: Is there a technology effect? Science of the Total Environment, 747, 141515. https://doi.org/10.1016/jiscitotenv.2020.141515
- Aluko, O. A. and Adeyeye, P. O., 2020. Imports and economic growth in Africa: Testing for Granger causality in the frequency domain. Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, 29(7), pp. 850-864. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638199.2020.1751870
- Aluko, O. A., and Ibrahim, M., 2020. Institutions and the financial development–economic growth nexus in sub‐Saharan Africa. Economic Notes, 49(3), e12163. https://doi.org/10.1111/ecno.12163
- Aluko, O. A., Adeyeye, O. P. and Oladele, P. O., 2020. Finance-growth nexus in sub-Saharan Africa revisited: Evidence from a new composite index. Economic Change and Restructuring, 53(2), pp. 333–355. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10644-019-09253-9
- Ajayi, M. A. and Aluko, O. A., 2019. Testing the validity of the simultaneous openness hypothesis in Nigeria (1990-2015). African Development Review, 31(1), pp. 58–70. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8268.12363
- Aluko, O. A. and Azeez, B. A., 2019. Effectiveness of legal institutions in stock market development in sub-Saharan Africa. Economic Change and Restructuring, 52(4), pp. 439–451. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10644-018-9233-x
- Adeyeye, P. O., Aluko, O. A. and Migiro, S. O., 2018. The global financial crisis and stock price behavior: Time evidence from Nigeria. Global Business and Economics Review, 20(3), pp. 373-387. https://doi.org/10.1504/GBER.2018.091712
- Adeyeye, P. O., Aluko, O. A. and Migiro, S. O., 2017. The nexus between stock price and foreign exchange rate: Validating the portfolio-balance model in Nigeria. Afro-Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, 7(4), pp. 363–377. https://doi.org/10.1504/AAJFA.2017.087513
- National Diploma in Cooperative Economics & Management
- BSc. Banking & Finance
- MSc. Finance
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for International Business at the University of Leeds