Leeds University Business School launches new leadership programme
The Leeds Executive Leadership Level-7 Apprenticeship is available to senior managers and is funded by their organisation through the UK Apprenticeship Levy Scheme.
So would an apprenticeship be right for you?
Apprenticeships are a great way for people to commit time to learning new skills whilst benefiting from being able to apply those skills immediately to their day-to-day jobs.
The leadership apprenticeship offered by the Centre for Professional and Executive Education, is a 12-month programme that combines live training sessions (either in a classroom or virtually) with online learning and self-study which means that studying can fit into any work/life balance. Participants will also have opportunities to build networks and work alongside others on learning tasks.
The key benefits of an apprenticeship:
- It’s funded through the apprenticeship levy scheme
- You can flexibly balance your learning and your role at work
- Hear from industry experts and find out about the latest research
- Work in groups with your peers to help solve key business challenges
- Receive support during your learning journey from a trained skills-coach
- Apply your learning immediately to your day-to-day role
- You will have the opportunity to go on to complete a Masters in Executive Leadership
Professor Sarah Underwood, Director of External Engagement for Leeds University Business School, said:
The collaboration between employer and the employee is what makes this such a powerful opportunity for individuals to develop and learn. Participants are fully supported by a mentor within their organisation and can apply what they learn immediately to their roles.
“The level 7 apprenticeship we offer will help employers to develop their organisation’s leadership capability whilst providing a rewarding development opportunity for their management team. The participants will gain a practical understanding of the latest research-driven leadership skills that will help them take the next step in their careers.”
Find out more about the new Leeds Executive Leadership Level 7 Apprenticeship.