Dr David Schulzmann
- Position: Lecturer in International Business
- Areas of expertise: Global innovation strategies in Multinational Enterprises (MNEs) and their overseas subsidiaries; Digitalisation in Global Value Chains, e.g., Metaverse and virtual reality; Knowledge sharing in China
- Email: D.Schulzmann@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4754
- Location: G.01, 20 Cromer Terrace
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate
Dr David Schulzmann is Lecturer in International Business at the Department of International Business and at the Centre for International Business University of Leeds (CIBUL). He held previously an appointment at Aalborg University Business School, Denmark. His PhD and MSc. degree within International Business and Innovation Management were jointly taken as part of the Sino-Danish Centre for Education and Research in China and Denmark. In addition to his academix experience, David worked within the renewable energy, automotive and biotechnlogy industry in Denmark, Germany, Singapore and China.
Dr David Schulzmann’s research interests falls into two streams. The first is the strategic management of headquarters and subsidiaries between developed and emerging economies. He is particulalry interested in explorative research subsidiary management on micro-level and meso-level, understanding determinants for successful or unsuccessful collaboration between the Multinational Enterprises (MNEs) network and individual subsidiaries, subsidiary mandate development towards knowledge intensive activities (R&D), internal and external (dual) embeddedness of subsidiaries, and their knowledge management practices. His geographical expertise is within emerging economies, particulalry China.
The second stream of his research interests focuses on understanding the increasing digitalisation of Global Value Chains (GVCs) in relation to MNEs and digital platform ecosystems. David is exploring the concept of Metaverse and the transformational effect it can have on International Business. His main methodological expertise is within qualitative research methods.
- PhD in International Business, Aalborg University, Denmark
- MSc in Innovation Management, Aalborg University, Denmark
- MSc in Innovation Management, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- BA in International Management, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Academy of International Business
- European Academy of International Business
Dr David Schulzmann teaches currently (Qualitative) Research Methods in International Business (LUBS2415) and Foreign Market Entry Strategy (LUBS5214M).
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for International Business at the University of Leeds