Dr Linhao Fang
- Position: Lecturer in Management
- Areas of expertise: Information Technology, Materiality and Organising, Affordance Theory, Socio-Technical Systems, Design Science Research, Hybrid Working, Learning Theories
- Email: L.Fang1@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1166
- Location: 2.22 Charles Thackrah
- Website: LinkedIn | Researchgate
I come from a background in Information Systems and Information Management. I received a PhD at the University of Sheffield with my doctoral thesis exploring students’ IT-enabled self-regulated learning.
In the past ten years, I have worked as a leading researcher in a variety of research projects, most of which are multi-disciplinary in nature. I used a Design Science Research approach in many of these projects, as well as mix-methods research designs.
My teaching experience includes a range of modules taught at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including Information Systems Modeling, Information Management in Organisations, Social Science Research Design and Methods, etc. I have also supervised postgraduate dissertations.
The multi-disciplinary nature of Design Science has extended my research interests to a variety of topics including Technology Affordances, Materiality in Organisations, Information Technology Use and Appropriation, and New Work Modalities.
- PhD in Information Systems - University of Sheffield
- MSc in Information Systems - University of Sheffield
- Member of UK Academy for Information Systems
- Member of Academy of Management
- Member of British Academy of Management
Research groups and institutes
- Socio-Technical Centre
- Workplace Behaviour Research Centre
- Adaptation Information Management and Technology