Dr Linhao Fang
- Position: Lecturer in Management
- Areas of expertise: Information and Communication Technologies, Computer-Mediated Communication, Organisational Spaces, Affordance Theory, Hybrid Working, Design Science Research
- Email: L.Fang1@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1166
- Location: 1.10 Charles Thackrah
- Website: LinkedIn
I come from a background in Information Systems and Information Management. I received a PhD at the University of Sheffield with my doctoral thesis exploring students’ IT-enabled self-regulated learning.
In the past ten years, I worked as a leading researcher in a variety of research projects. Most of these projects are multi-disciplinary in nature, where I collaborated with colleagues in the fields of Organisational Psychology, Organisational Studies, Civil Engineering, etc.
- Departmental Lead for Curriculum Redefined
I have a wide range of research interests that include Technology Affordances, Organisational Spaces, Materiality of Social Interactions, Technology Use and Appropriation, and New Ways of Working.
- PhD in Information Systems - University of Sheffield
- MSc in Information Systems - University of Sheffield
- Academic Member of Association for Information Systems
- Academic Member of Academy of Management
- Academic Member of British Academy of Management
- Member of UK Academy for Information Systems
I teach a range of modules at both UG and PG levels, including Research Design and Methods, Information Systems Modeling, Information Management in Organisations, etc. I also supervise UG and PG dissertations.
I am currently the module leader for LUBS5395M Research Design and Analysis.
Research groups and institutes
- Socio-Technical Centre
- Workplace Behaviour Research Centre
- Adaptation Information Management and Technology