Dr Navneet Agnihotri
- Position: Teaching Fellow in Management Consulting
- Areas of expertise: Experience of professionals; Sensemaking and identity work of knowledge workers; Management consultancy and advisory practice; Digitalisation and future of work; Organisational change and leadership
- Email: N.Agnihotri@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0251
- Location: G.45 Maurice Keyworth Building
I am the Deputy Director for MSc in Management Consulting programme at Leeds University Business School.
Prior to pursuing an academic career, I held positions of responsibility in the corporate sector performing both consulting/advisory and senior managerial roles. I worked extensively for global corporations in diverse sectors including energy & utility, financial services, and management consultancy. I have wide-ranging experience in the area of strategic human resource management, talent management, organisational development and human capital consulting.
I apply my organisational knowledge and experience in the learning, teaching and research context, that connects both my academic and professional practice. The key motivation in my academic practice is to take the everyday experiences of work seriously and bring together multi-disciplinary research in this area to illuminate the nuances and challenges practitioners experience.
- Deputy Director - MSc in Management Consulting programme
My research interests are focused on critically exploring the experiences of professionals and managers in organisations. I am particularly interested in sensemaking and identity work of management consultants and other knowledge workers. Currently, I am also interested in how digitalisation is influencing/changing the nature of professional work and shaping its future.
I have applied various qualitative methods (like phenomenological inquiry, action research and life history methodology) in my research and remain interested in combining/experimenting with different methods in my ongoing research.
Topics of Research Interest
• Experience of professionals and managers
• Elite identity of management consultants
• Relational and reflexive practice
• Digitalisation and future of professional work
• Organisational change and leadership
• Qualitative and biographical research
- PhD in Management, University of Leeds, UK
- MSc in Organisation Consulting, Ashridge Business School, UK
- MA Human Resource and Organisational Development, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), University of Delhi, India
- Associate Fellow, Higher Education Academy, UK
- Member, Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD), UK
- Certified Assessor, European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Business Excellence Award
- Member, International Sociological Association (ISA)
I mainly teach courses at the masters level, specifically on the MSc in Management Consulting degree programme. I also facilitate a management consulting module for professionals at the post-experience level (EMBA).
I actively collaborate with external organisations in supporting student dissertations and consulting projects.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Employment Relations, Innovation and Change