Dr. Vasileios (Bill) Davvetas
- Position: Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Marketing
- Areas of expertise: international branding; consumer decision making; stereotyping; consumer-brand relationships; country of origin effects
- Email: V.Davvetas@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0610
- Location: G.05 Maurice Keyworth Building
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate
Vasileios (Bill) Davvetas is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Marketing at Leeds University Business School. Before joining LUBS, he worked as a Research and Teaching Assistant at the Chair of International Marketing at the University of Vienna.
He holds a BSc in Marketing and Communication from the Athens University of Economics and Business (2010) and an MSc (Distinction) in Business Analytics from Warwick Business School (2012). He completed his PhD (Suma Cum Laude) at the Faculty of Economics, Business and Statistics at the University of Vienna (2017). His doctoral studies focused on consumer responses to perceived brand globalness and localness and the determinants of consumer preference between global and local brands. His doctoral thesis has been funded by the Austrian National Bank Anniversary Fund and awarded with the Doctoral Dissertation State Award of Excellence 2016/17 by the Austrian Federal Ministry for Science, Research and Economy.
His work has been presented and awarded in several international conferences such as the American Marketing Association Conference, European Marketing Academy Conference, and the Academy of International Business Conference. His research has been published in leading marketing journals such as the International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of International Marketing, Journal of Business Research, and International Marketing Review. He is a member of the European Marketing Academy and the Americal Marketing Association and he serves as an ad-hoc reviewer for a number of academic marketing journals and conferences.
- Communications Manager for the Marketing Division
Service consumption and coproduction by immigrants
Cross-cultural consumer psychology
Donation behavior and NGOs
Political ideoology and marketing
Methods: psychometrics, structural equations modeling, experimental research
- Ph.D. in Management (International Marketing), University of Vienna, Austria
- MSc in Business Analytics and Consulting, Warwick Business School, UK
- BSc in Marketing and Communication, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
Responsible for delivering international marketing modules in undergraduate and postgraduate programs of the Business School and teaching advanced quantitative methods to doctoral students.
Research groups and institutes
- Global and Strategic Marketing Research Centre