Associate Professor of Marketing Practice
- Position: Associate Professor of Marketing Practice
- Areas of expertise: Luxury branding; using celebrity endorsement in advertising; the role of celebrity influencers in fashion categories; the impact of coolness on brand identity
- Email: A.Carroll@lubs.leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7017
- Location: GM/07 Maurice Keyworth
I am an experienced educator who has forged an established career in higher education. I have held multiple roles at since joining Leeds University Business School in 2007. These include Divisional Director of Student Education; Programme Director of MA Advertising and Marketing, one of the largest postgrdauate programmes in the university; AACSB Champion.
Prior to joining academia I worked as a market analyst in the construction industry followed by an appointment as a media researcher for Yorkshire Television.
- Faculty Director of Taught Programmes, Student Support and Assessment)
- Faculty Academic Integrity Lead
The role of celebrity endorsement in fashion brand campaigns; the impact of coolness on branding to youth markets; the social sharing of emotion - netnographic study of online music communities; the role of nostalgia in the consumption of vinatge goods.
- BA (Hons) Business Studies
- MSc Marketing
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
I currently teach postgraduate students in the area of branding and marketing communications.