- Position: Lecturer (Teaching & Scholarship)
- Areas of expertise: Teaching & Learning; Personal & Professional Development; Organisational behaviour
- Email: N.M.Smith@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0566
- Location: G.17 Charles Thackrah Building
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
2014 to present - Leeds University Business School
2011 to 2014 - Univeristy of Leeds & University of Nottingham (Engineering Faculties)
2004 to 2011 - University of York
Selected conference papers:
Smith, N. (2018) Off to a flying start; academic skills training for PG students. UK Advising & Tutoring Conference. Derby.
Hill, L. & Smith, N. (2018) ‘Yes, I am interested in you!’ – Enhancing Chinese Students’ Experience through Personal Tutorials. Chartered ABS Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Annual Conference. Glasgow.
Smith, N. (2018) Pick 'n' Mix: building multicultural teams to enhance peer support, student wellbeing and employability. NACADA: The Global Community for Academic Advising International Conference. Dublin.
- MSc Management Programme Director
- Co-Lead - Enhancing Management Learning Group, Management Division
- Divisional Academic Integrity Officer
Goals, self-concordance and subjective well-being
Academic skills development
Gamification of learning
I teach at both undergraduate and postgraduate level on LUBS Management programmes and I am a dissertation supervisor for postgraduate and undergraduate students.
Research groups and institutes
- Workplace Behaviour Research Centre