Dr Sanaz Sigaroudi
- Position: Senior Lecturer (Teaching and Scholarship) in Strategy and Innovation
- Areas of expertise: Strategy; Innovation; Sustainable Strategies; Digitalisation; Knowledge Transfer; Social media; Micro categorisation; Heuristics, Data Envelopement Analysis
- Email: S.Sigaroudi@lubs.leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1023
- Location: 2.17 CT
Sanaz is a senior lecturer in Strategy and Organisation group in the management departement. She is the the prgramme director for the Global Strategy and Innovation Management Msc, and Project Business coach for Engineering, Technology and Business Management Msc. Sanaz has over 10 years of experience in teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels both at the engineering and business dicisplines. She supervises master students and has recently started to co-supervise a PhD student.
Sanaz received her PhD from University of Toronto in Industrial Engineering, working on banking performnace measures and quantitative analysis but being facsinated by people and complexities of social science side of manaement dicispline she is now more into qualitative research. She is workong on categorisation in Medtech and balancing tensions between standardisation and dynamism due to fast paced innovation.
- Global Strategy and Innovation Programme Director
- Department Exam Security Panel Chair
- Dissertation lead for Engineering Technology and Business Management MSc
- PhD in Indutrial Engineering University of Toronto
- Msc in Industrial Engineering University of Toronto
- Bsc in Electrical Engineering University of Tehran
- European group for organizational studies
- Certified Management and Business Educator
Sanaz is passionate about student education. She is the personal tutor for GSIM students to help them make the most of their time at Leeds University. As well as her programme director and DESP role she teaches on several modules across engineering and business schools. She started teaching at Leeds University in 2014 by leading the Professional Innovation Management PGcert as part of Medical Technologies IKC. She has taught on various modules such as Statistics, Strategic Management, MBA Research methods, Professional Studies and Innovation, Thinking and Practice. The latter was the basis on recent Leeds Univeristy Business School nomination as the best school of the year at THE awards. Sanaz also leads the development of sustainable stratgies module for online programme.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Technology Innovation and Engagement