Having worked in a range of higher education roles since 2008, I started my teaching career at the University of Sheffield, delivering employability activities across a range of projects and disciplines. In 2015 I started teaching ethics to undergraduate engineering students, before moving to Leeds University Business School in 2018. My specialist interests are in developing student employability, supporting students from backgrounds that are typically under-represented in the sector and use of innovative pedagogy in the pursuit of teaching excellence.
- Faculty Director of Taught Student Social Mobility
- Discovery Theme Leader (Ethics, Religion and Law)
My pedagogic research interests include student social mobility and provision of careers information and guidance across all stages of the student journey.
- PG Diploma and QCD, Career Development - Nottingham Trent University
- MA (Hons) Political Theory - University of Sheffield
- BA (Hons) Philosophy - University of Sheffield
- British Academy of Management (BAM)
- Career Development Institute (CDI)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- UK Advising and Tutoring (UKAT)
- Certified Management & Business Educator (CMBE), Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS)
I am personal tutor to undergraduate students at all levels, as well as a supervisor for undergraduate and postgraduate dissertation projects.
With an interest in a range of interdisciplinary topics, I teach across a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate modules on academic skills, employability and business ethics.