Dr David Yoon
I am Associate Professor of International Business at the University of Leeds. I have been conducting research on three broad areas: international business, (technological) innovation, and entrepreneurship.
My current research projects include:
(1) International Business (and Entrepreneurship): IPO, M&A, Technological Alliance, and Venture Capital Investment
(2) Technological Innovation: Scientific Collaboration, Patent Strategy, and Legitimacy of New Industries and Technologies
My research has been published or is forthcoming in leading international journals such as Research Policy (2015a, 2018b, 2020c, 2021d), British Journal of Management (2021), Journal of Business Research (2018), International Business Review (2021), among others. These research outputs have featured in Elsevier Researcher Academy, LSE Impact Blog, and Harvard Business Review (in French). I serve as a reviewer for Research Policy, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, British Journal of Management, and International Business Review. Recently, I was awarded the prestigious BA/Leverhulme Grant from the British Academy.
Prior to joining the University of Leeds in 2017, I worked as a consultant for a number of international development and management consulting projects with Inter-American Development Bank, Mercer, and Accenture.
- Ph.D. KAIST
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Academy of Management
- Academy of International Business
LUBS5217M Globalization of Innovation
LUBS5233M Debates and Controversies in International Business
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for International Business at the University of Leeds