Dr Gideon Azumah
- Position: Senior Teaching Fellow in Internation Business Management
- Areas of expertise: International Business Management; International Business Economics; (International Trade, Trade Policy, Fair Trade, Negotiations, FDI, etc.); Entrepreneurship (SMEs, Business, Growth Sustainability)
- Email: G.Azumah@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0260
- Location: 2.01 20 Cromer Terrace
- Website: Googlescholar
Dr. Gideon Azumah is a Senior Teaching Fellow in the International Business. Prior to joining University of Leeds Business School (LUBS), Gideon has worked as a Lecturer in Strategic Management and International Business at Royal Holloway, University of London, School of Management. He was also a Senior Lecturer in Strategic Management at the University of Central Lancashire, Lancashire Business School and at the University of Sheffield Management School and Sheffield International College.
He holds a PhD from the University of Sheffield, School of Management. Dr. Azumah has over 27 years global experience in the academic and banking sector, where he worked for various Universities and the Royal Bank of Scotland. Dr Azumahs research interests are: e-organisations, e-business, strategic management, International business, SMEs Management, competitive advantage and knowledge management. Dr. Azumah has publications in the forms of journal papers, book chapters and conference papers.
- Head of Second Year (IB & Finance)
- Online & Digital Learning Lead for IB
International Business Management
International Business Economics (International Trade, Trade Policy, Fair Trade, Negotiations, etc.)
Entrepreneurship (SMEs, Business, Growth, Sustainability and Development) Knowledge Management in SMEs Charitable Organisations (Strategies, Operations and Management).
- PhD in Management, University of Sheffield, UK
- MA in International Business Economics, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea.
- BA (Hons) Psychology with Political Science, University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana
- Certificate in Korean and Asian Studies, Wonkwang University, South Korea.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), University Teaching Toolkit, University of Central Lan
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy (HEA)
Dr Gideon Azumah teaches on a range of Internationa Business Management Modules. Dr Azumah also has experience in teaching topics relating to doing business in Africa, Research Methods, Strategic Management, Entrepreneurship and Cultural Management at both Postgraduate and undergraduate level.