Dr. Gabriel Burdin
- Position: Associate Professor in Economics
- Areas of expertise: Labour Economics, Organisational Economics, Behavioural Economics, Employee Representation, Cooperatives, Inequality
- Email: G.Burdin@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 6584
- Location: GM17 Maurice Keyworth
- Website: Website
I joined the University of Leeds as an Associate Professor in Economics in May 2017. I got my B.A. in Economics from Universidad de la Republica (Uruguay) in 2007 and completed my PhD in Economics in 2013 at the University of Siena (Italy). My work has been published in leading economics journals such as The Economic Journal, Labour Economics, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization and Journal of Comparative Economics. I have also published in leading interdisciplinary journals such as Research Policy, World Development, and Industrial and Labor Relations Review. I am coeditor of Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics and member of the editorial board of Journal of Participation and Employee Ownership (JPEO). I am Research Fellow at the Institute of Labor Economics (IZA) and Global Labor Organization (GLO).
My research lies at the intersection between labour and organisational economics. I am currently working on the interplay between labour market institutions and new digital technologies. I have a strong interest in the economics of employee representation, employee-owned firms, cooperatives, and other forms of worker participation in corporate governance. I am also interested in behavioural economics and its applications to labour, organisation, and inequality studies.
- PhD in Economics, University of Siena.
- B.A. in Economics, Universidad de la República.
- Royal Economic Society
- Society of Institutional and Organizational Economics
- International Association for the Economics of Participation
I am teaching Behavioural Economics (Module Leader) at both Undergraduate (LUBS3375) and Master’s level (LUBS5144M). I have taught Labour Economics and Business Economics (Theory of the Firm).
I also supervise UG, MSc, and PhD dissertations.
I am interested in supervising PhD students in the research areas described above.