Dr Jie Chen
Jie is Lecturer in Operations and Supply Chain Management at Leeds University Business School. Prior to this, she was Prize Fellow in Operations Management at University of Bath. Jie received her PhD degree from Monash University, Australia. She holds two undergraduate degrees from Fudan University, China and Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Germany. Jie previously served as Secretary of the Executive Board, the Association of Supply Chain and Operations Management. She is an adhoc reviewer for journals such as Journal of Operations Management (JOM), Production and Operations Management (POM), Supply Chain Management: an International Journal (SCMIJ), and Production Planning and Control (PPC).
- Prime Minister’s Australia Asia Award, Australian government, 2011
- Li & Fung Best Student / Young Faculty Paper Award, the 5thInternational Conference On Operations and Supply Chain Management, 2011
- Australian Postgraduate Award, Monash University, 2009
- Dean's Postgraduate Research Excellence Award, Monash University, 2009
- PhD supervision
- Module leader
Jie’s research interests include buyer-supplier relationships, supply chain risks and collaborative innovation. In particular, Jie is interested in behavioural studies to understand how human factors interplay in interfirm dynamics. Her research has been published in journals including Production and Operations Management (POM), International Journal of Production Research (IJPR), and Production Planning and Control (PPC).
- Fellowship Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- PhD ( Monash University, Australia)
- BS (Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Germany)
- BA/MA (Fudan University, China)
- Academy of Management (AOM)
Jie teaches operations and supply chain management modules at both UG and PG levels.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Operations and Supply Chain Research