Chan Yung Chun (YOUNG, Yung)
I have a background in the profession for facilitating human growth, specialising in guidance and counselling. In the five-year undergraduate period, I fortunately grasped the opportunities to be school guidance teacher, counselling psychologist, psychological assessment professional, and social worker. Also, exchanged abroad for a year. These experiences promoted me to be an open-minded, appreciative, and contributing person. Afterwards and holding the practical perspective in mind, I attempted to focus on the influential issue: work-life human well being and effectiveness. I studied human resource and industrial relations in University of Manchester. Through the learning, I found my background can benefit my study especially in the domain of human behaviour. Thus, I decided to contribute more in the area of human behavior in business settings.
I am attempting to apply scientific research outcomes to facilitate human development and to extend people's understanding of human life from diverse perspectives. My expertise is generally on human behavior regarding business and consumption, collaboration and teamwork, coaching and counselling, and human resource development and management.
Regarding some experiences of research, I have studied emotions in online communication situations using emoji. I have reviewed and designed measurement tool for core concepts in collaboration concerning team dynamics. I am recently reviewed team emergence phenomena and conflict issues. My PhD concentrates on scrutinising team communication as a reflection of team dynamics in in different team processes of innovative teamwork.
Broadly, I am interested in human behavior regarding business and consumption, collaboration and teamwork, coaching and counselling, and human resource development and management.
1. Collaboration and teamwork. From dynamic perspectives with detailed information in team processes, especially in interactions, innovative, and uncertain conditions.
2. Advanced latent variable analysis, multilevel analysis, and structural equation modeling. My lead teacher was a psychological testing expert, who taught me structure equation modeling(SEM). Fortunately, I learnt SEM and ideas of multilevel modeling during undergraduate. I recently consider the application of multilevel structural equation modeling and dynamic structural equation modeling.
3. Qualitative research. According to my counselling psychology and social work background, I appreciate the abundant information in qualitative research with detailed transcript and record data. These data can be compared, reexamined, reconceptualised by various methods from different perspectives for extending the possibility.
4. Recently, I am developing skills in computational communication analysis tools
5. Recently, I am developing skills in social network analysis
6. Recently, I am developing skills in machine learning. (weka, python)
- BEd: Guidance and Counselling, community guidance and counselling
- MSc: International human resource management and comparative industrial relations
- MBPsS: graduate membership in British Psychological Society
Research groups and institutes
- Workplace Behaviour Research Centre