Application deadlines for 2017
The following application deadlines are for Business School masters degrees starting in September 2017:
- International applicants (all courses): 31 March 2017
- UK/EU applicants: 31 August 2017, with the below exceptions*:
* UK/EU applicants to the below courses should apply by 30 June 2017:
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Banking and International Finance
- MSc Financial Risk Management
- MSc Finance and Investment
Applications received after the deadline may still be considered subject to places being available, provided you meet the minimum entry requirements.
You do not need to have fulfilled all entry requirements before applying. Provided your application satisfies all other entry requirements, a conditional offer may be made on the basis of a predicted result. For example, the final mark of your first degree or an English language test. You must provide your final results before an unconditional offer can be made.
When do I need to apply?
Applications for masters courses starting in September 2017 are now open for international, UK and EU students.
Please note that applications for 2017 entry will be processed from 1 October 2016.
There are a limited number of scholarships available and if you wish to be considered for funding you should apply as early as possible.
You should also allow plenty of time for your application and documents to be processed before the start of your course.
Before you apply:
Please check your qualifications match the entry requirements for the course you are applying for.
What do I need to include in my application?
Your application must include the following:
- A fully completed application form including personal statement (please read the guidance note on personal statements**)
- Two academic references (please read the guidance note on references***)
- Copy of your degree transcripts and certificate
- Copy of English language qualifications i.e. IELTS results (if applicable)
- Letter of sponsorship (if applicable)
- An up-to-date CV.
As part of your online application you will be able to upload scanned documents.
- ** Important guidance for personal statements
In the statement, we are looking for evidence of the qualities that you will bring to the programme and student community. We also want to understand how studying a programme at Leeds University Business School will help you meet your career aspirations. Please ensure that you address the following in your personal statement:
- What skills, qualities and experiences would you bring to the programme and how will they help you succeed?
- How will the opportunity to study at Leeds University Business School help you in your academic, personal and professional development?
- What are your career aspirations and how will successful completion of this programme help you achieve them?
Your personal statement should be no more than 500 words in length, be written in English and be your own work.
- *** Important guidance for references
Full, clear and accurate contact details of two references should be included in your application.
Nominated references should not be related to you and should be qualified to comment on your capacity to cope with the academic demands of the programme.
In exceptional circumstances, applicants applying with directly relevant work experience may nominate someone with knowledge of their employment activity to act as a second referee.
Please ask them to comment on:
- How long and in what capacity they have known you
- What they consider to be your strengths
- Detailed information on academic results that you have obtained and a prediction of your likely degree result if you have not yet graduated
- Their assessment of your suitability for the particular postgraduate programme for which you are applying
- If English is not your first language they must comment on your English speaking, writing and comprehension abilities.