Professor Emmanuella Plakoyiannaki
- Position: Professor of International Business
- Areas of expertise: Qualitative Research Case study research SME internationalisation Family Firm Internationalisation
- Email: E.Plakoyiannaki@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4497
- Location: office 1.18 Cromer Terrace 10-12
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar
Emmanuella Plakoyiannaki is Professor of International Business at Leeds University Business School (LUBS), UK. She is a researcher and mentor. She holds a PhD in Marketing from the University of Strathclyde, UK.
Emmanuella is leading the Northern Advanced Research Training Initiative (NARTI), a network of 18 Universities in the north of England specializing in advanced methodological training for doctoral and early career researchers. She is also Co-Chair of the International Business/ International Management Special Interest Group of the British Academy of Management (BAM).
She has served various leadership roles including Director of LUBS Graduate School; Deputy Director of LUBS Graduate School; Director of Research for the International Business Division; Director of the Centre for International Business at the University of Leeds (CIBUL); and Director of the PhD programme for the International Business Division.
Prior to her position at LUBS, she was an Associate Professor of Marketing at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. Emmanuella is an Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Glasgow and has served/serves as Visiting Professor at various Universities in Austria, Greece, Finland, Russia and the UK.
- Co-Chair of the Northern Advanced Research Training Initiative (NARTI)
- Co-Chair of the International Business/International Management SIG at BAM
My research interests refer to case study methodology, qualitative research, SME and family firm internationalisation. I also study aspects of consumer behaviour and entrepreneurship. My recent work concentrates on translation, linguistics and equivalence in cross-language contexts. I am also interested in exploring the creative relationships between arts and business phenomena. I have actively combined my research and teaching interests by delivering case study and qualitative research seminars in universities in the UK, Finland, Russia and Greece.
- Post-Doc, University of Strathclyde, UK
- PhD, University of Strathclyde, UK
- PG Certificate, Research Methods, University of Strathclyde, UK
- BA, Economics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Academy of International Business (AIB)
- European International Business Academy (EIBA)
- Academy of Management (AOM)
- British Academy of Management (BAM)
I presently teach:
Research Methods for International Business (UG)
Research Methods for International Business (PG)
Advanced Qualitative Methods (PhD)