- The Metropole Hotel, Leeds
Infrastructure is the foundation for economic prosperity and social well-being. Proper valuation of infrastructure is imperative in the face of diverse challenges such as climate change, austerity, geo-political instability and financial fragility.
Valuing Infrastructure draws upon ongoing work of major interdisciplinary research programmes: iBUILD, ITRC/MISTRAL and ICIF as well as finance research in the EU-funded FESSUD project. This conference will show how the ‘interdisciplinary system of systems’ approach to infrastructure value is indispensable for:
- Local authorities, national government and regulators seeking to increase overall efficiency in face of austerity
- Financers of infrastructure in assessing long term value of infrastructure investment civil society
- Organisations seeking high quality, inclusive infrastructure provision
- Academics undertaking high impact interdisciplinary infrastructure research.
The conference will bring together, showcase, debate and take forward the latest work of major research programmes and reach out to related research and practice in the UK and across the globe. By so-doing, the conference will be a catalyst for a step change in future valuation of local and national infrastructure, both in academic research and in actual practice.
Featured speakers include:
- Mo Baines, Association for Public Service Excellence
- Brian Collins, Director of the Centre for Engineering Policy, University College London
- James Richardson, National Infrastructure Commission
- Christian Spencr, British Chamber of Commerce
|Day 1||City and regional scales|
|Day 2||National and international scales|